Public Health – Introduction
The topic area „Public Health“ is concerned with population-wide, non-pharmaceutical measures, also referred to as public health and social measures, to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. This topic area is worked on jointly by researchers from the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich (LMU Munich), the University Medical Center Freiburg and the University Medical Center Mainz.
Priority topics were developed in an exchange with national stakeholders and the World Health Organization and priority questions further refined in consultation with Cochrane. Priority topics identified are pandemic-related measures for international travel, in schools and in long-term care facilities.
In addressing these priority topics, we follow a structured process:
CEOsys plans to update the Cochrane rapid reviews and guidelines on a regular basis.
Lead: Eva Rehfuess, LMU Munich
Co-lead: Lukas Schwingshackl, University Medical Center Freiburg
Public Health – Topics
• Scoping review on school measures
• Living Cochrane rapid review on the effectiveness of school measures (forthcoming, protocol)
• Scoping review on the unintended consequences of school measures (forthcoming, protocol)
• S3 guideline on school measures (in German)
• Evidence brief (in German, prepared for the guideline process)
• Press release published on 2 July 2021 (in German)
• Cochrane rapid review on the effectiveness of measures in long-term care facilities